Long, looming shadows.
Impractical clothing days.
Crisp, cold, but sunny.
The darkness recedes;
ice crystals shrink from the light.
What was once frozen,
Is restored, set free.
The clouds of my mind,
hold me captive in winter.
But this too shall pass.
The warmth of the world,
transfers to warmth of the soul.
Enlightens the mind.
Extra daylight hours
permits more life to be lived.
Though time will not wait.
It’s been a while since I’ve actually posted anything original up here. Properly anyway. It’s not that I haven’t been doing anything (honest!). Since Christmas I’ve been thinking about whether I should focus on a particular craft or theme. But it appears my audience is quite diverse, and I shouldn’t completely stop any one particular activity.
Here are some goals that I would like to achieve over the next few months.. let’s say 6 months (to give myself a deadline):
- write a full crochet dress pattern. I’ve had something in mind for ages, but I need to actually make something, and fit it to myself, before writing it all down. And, of course, modifying it for larger/smaller sizing.
- Do a few more drawings/sketches/portraits. Again, I’ve started some things, and have yet to finish. I WILL!
- Finish reading those books that I have piled up – literally (in my front room by the sofa) and virtually (on my kindle).
- Chronicle my first attempt at Cosplay! I plan to go to London Film and Comic Con in July – as Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I also hope to make some of the costume myself – as I got a sewing machine for Christmas. So there’s a project to get me started.
- I’ll continue to write the odd Haiku poem! Maybe I’ll have to try and expand into iambic pentameter..
- …and I’d love to write a short story! I really need to settle down and think of a decent plot though.. loads of disparate ideas, nothing cohesive (yet).
In the last month or so, I’ve also binge-watched several movies.. or have I been procrastinating?.. So if I can come up with a theme, perhaps I’ll do a longer review article. These might be few and far between though.. we’ll see.
I also can’t believe it’s FEBRUARY 2016 already. Where has the time gone?
Time to focus, methinks.